With winter underway throughout the USA and beyond, most of us are thinking about sunny skies and warmer weather. And with good reason.
It’s also that time of the year when a significant percentage of travelers are spending considerable time on travel sites on-line to find the perfect escape to unwind, unplug, and warm up!
Here at our vacation home rental in San Miguel de Allende, we are getting calls from all over the world wondering what it’s like in our sunny paradise at Casa Magdalena. It’s always our pleasure to share all that our historic colonial town has to offer yet it’s also fun to share our more personal opinions on how to ensure a safe and most memorable trip to Mexico.
One of the top questions, by far, is “What do I pack for my trip to Mexico”? To help inspire you to head on down to sunny San Miguel, we’ve put together this short list of the most common women’s clothing and accessory selections that will be the perfect fit. From a day at the spa to a historical tour around town, a night on the town or just a day with your toes in the pool, this list should be all you need to beat those winter blues.
- 3 Tops – Throughout your packing adventure, think “mix and match” and “cool and comfortable.” Bright colors are common in San Miguel so don’t be shy. Pick your favorite pallets for your tops and blend them in with more neutral colors for the bottoms.
- 3 Bottoms – From flirty skirts to a fine pair of shorts and perhaps a light pair of jeans, you’ll be set for any season and any reason. Dress them up or dress them down – and don’t worry about dirt. We have some of the finest washers and dryers right on site at our vacation villa in San Miguel.
- A Dress or Two – Be it a night on the town or a day where you will shop ‘til you drop, light and strappy dresses are always a perfect fit in San Miguel.
- 1 Light Jacket & 1 Light Sweater – Although it rarely gets cold in San Miguel, cool nights do come and go. We certainly suggest as least one ‘outerwear’ garment – be it for the plane ride to and from or a cool night on the Plaza, you’ll be glad you had a wrap of sorts.
- 2 – 3 Shoes – With so much to do and see in San Miguel, you will want a variety of shoes to ensure a comfortable trip. From flip flops to a pair of straps and perhaps some tennis shoes, too, pack according to your adventures to come.
Need more advice? We here to help. Contact us at any time for a true local’s insight about what to do and what to wear on your next trip to our hometown in San Miguel.